Assumption of Risk
Each participant is responsible to determine whether he/she has the proper fitness level to participate in activity at the Recreation Center. Participants are strongly encouraged to consult with their health care provider(s) before starting any exercise program.
Participation in activity at the Recreation Center is voluntary. By voluntarily using the Recreation Center, participants assume all risk for any harm or injury sustained.
Consider the consequences of your actions and do not engage in behavior that may harm other patrons or damage equipment.
Use of the Recreation Center is a privilege. Members and guests shall respect the rights of others and display acceptable and appropriate behavior while participating in the Recreation Center. UL Rec Sports reserves the right to refuse access or remove any individual(s) whose behavior is inappropriate or in violation of University rules and regulations and/or the Code of Student Conduct. Your cooperation is appreciated.
Inappropriate behavior includes, but is not limited to:
• Verbal abuse
• Physical abuse
• Obscene gestures or actions
• Abuse of staff in any form
• Profane or indecent language
• Failure to follow an established policy
If a participant, member or guest in a UL Rec Sports program or facility is directed to leave a facility, program, contest or activity for misconduct:
• He/she must leave the facility immediately.
• Rec Sports staff will inform a participant, member or guest of the necessity to see a Rec Sport Supervisor Staff member for misconduct, inappropriate behavior or ejection.
• He/she shall immediately be ineligible from further access or competition in any program or facility until he/she has met with the designated senior staff.
• A Rec Sports Professional Staff member will call or email the participant, member or guest to set up a meeting. If a sanction is imposed, it will begin after the meeting with said staff.
• If a sanction is necessary from the Recreation Center, he/she may not participate in any programs within the Recreation Center.
• If deemed appropriate, information regarding the incident may be forwarded by Rec Sports staff to the Dean of Students and/or the University Police Department.
Participants are responsible for reading, understanding and abiding by all rules and regulations of the Recreation Center.
• Not all rules are posted in immediate areas. If a staff member requests your cooperation, please adjust your behavior. If you have questions about a specific policy, please see Rec Sports staff.
• Failure to comply with staff instructions and proper facility use may result in loss of facility and/or membership privileges.
• Rec Sports reserves the right to render judgment and decisions on policies not specifically covered.
• Rec Sports reserves the right to call the University Police Department as necessary.
• Participants using the Recreation Center facility and equipment assume the liability of and agree to compensate Rec Sports for any damages other than normal wear and tear.
• Contact Rec Sports staff should an accident, injury, or related incident occur. In addition, report any piece of equipment that is not functioning properly so it can be evaluated and serviced promptly.
• Use of informal activity spaces when not scheduled/reserved, including priority scheduling, is first-come, first-served.
• Dance Studio (101A), Judo Room (Multipurpose Room A), and Training Studio (Multipurpose Room B) are not available for open recreation beyond approved reservations. No organized activities except those sponsored or approved by UL Rec Sports are permitted.
The Recreation Center may not be used for private or commercial purposes unless such activity has been approved by UL Rec Sports. Examples of prohibited activity include, but are not limited to:
• Organized athletic team/individual practices or workouts
• Personal training
• Private instruction