UL Rec Sports is committed to providing high quality facilities and programs to our University and community. We are active members of the National Intramural and Recreational Sports Association - NIRSA - and believe strongly in their mission:
NIRSA is a leader in higher education and the advocate for the advancement of recreation, sport, and wellness by providing educational and developmental opportunities,
generating and sharing knowledge, and promoting networking and growth for our members.
Our involvement in NIRSA is not limited to our Professional Sstaff and Graduate Assistants. We encourage our student employees to participate in regional and national events, as well as join and serve on regional and national committees in an effort to provide personal and professional development for the next generation of campus recreation professionals.
- 2017 NIRSA Triventure - Aquatics Institute Committee Member: Matthew Cole
- NIRSA 2017 Annual Conference: Washington, D.C., February 21 - 24
NIRSA Region IV Student Lead-On and Conference: St. Louis, MO, November 6 - 9
- Student Lead-On and Conference Planning Committee: Erik Estrada & Alex Jimenez
- Rec Fest: Introducing Activities & Programs to Students by Erik Estrada - Graduate Assistant of Facilities and Emily Fitch - Student Program Assistant
- 2016 Louisiana State Student Representative: Alex Jimenez
- NIRSA 2016 Annual Conference: Kissimmee, FL, April 3 - 6
- NIRSA Region IV Student Lead-On and Conference: Galveston, TX, October 25 - 28
- NIRSA 2015 Annual Conference: Grapevine, TX, March 30 - April 2
- NIRSA Region IV Student Lead-On and Conference: Shreveport, LA, October 12 - 15
- NIRSA 2014 Annual Conference: Nashville, TN, April 23 - 26