Use of the Student Fitness Center is a privilege that may be revoked for not following policies of the facility. Please review the policies below carefully. They are in place for your safety and the comfort of all patrons.
Fitness Center users must be 17 years of age or older and must provide proof of age upon request.
- Patrons are required to wear closed-toe, athletic, rubber-soled shoes in the Fitness Center
- Sleeveless shirts must not have an arm opening that is larger than one fist below the underarm and must cover the wearer's midriff
- Shorts and pants must be worn at the waist
- Jeans, denim, or cargo pants with multiple buttons or zippers are not allowed
- Excessive clothing or clothing worn for the purpose of increased sweat production is not permitted
- Profanity and yelling are not permitted in the Fitness Center
Personal property such as books and back packs must be stored in lockers
- Bags are not allowed in the Fitness Center
- Neither Rec Sports nor its employees are responsible for lost or stolen property
- All patrons must have a clean towel to wipe off equipment after use
- Weight belts are not permitted on upholstered exercise equipment to prevent premature wear and tear
- Users who break equipment due to misuse or misconduct may be suspended from the facility
- Food is not permitted in the Fitness; Only clear drinks in closed bottles are permitted
- Collars/clips are required for all barbell lifts
- Spotters are strongly recommended when lifting all free weights.
- Do not move or rearrange weights or equipment.
- For the prevention of injury to yourself or others, and damage to floor or equipment, weights may not be dropped or thrown
- Olympic lifts must be performed on the Olympic platforms
- Only rubber, bumper plates are allowed to be used on the Olympic lifting platforms
- Do not stand on benches
- Weight benches may not be placed within 5 feet of fire exits or extinguishers