The health and safety of our students, employees, and visitors are of the utmost importance to the University. Rec Sports has developed protocols and procedures to help keep everyone safe once we reopen.
All guidelines for safely opening gyms and health clubs released by the state fire marshall and the governor’s office will be followed. These may be updated as we enter new phases.
Rec Sports has reopened the Student Fitness Center, Student Aquatics Center, track and tennis courts. Please refer to the Reopening Information for more on adjusted hours, services, and facilities.
Check out resources from Rec Sports and online that you can be a part of without leaving home!
On-demand fitness classes:
- Power Hour with Reed
- Cajun Conditioning with Kobie
- HIIT the Chair with Kelsey
- Power Yoga with Tess
- Live with Alisha! (Recorded)
- HIIT with Tess
- Yoga for Low Back Pain with Kelsey
- Cajun Conditioning 2 with Kobie
- See more videos on our YouTube page
Participation in these online classes is voluntary. As with any fitness program, physical activity may result in injury. We highly recommend participants check their space for suitability before beginning physical activity. Examples include removal of nearby furniture or hazards and using a mat or carpet for exercises on the ground. Participants are encouraged to stop immediately if they experience any pain or injury and should seek the appropriate medical advice and care as needed. All participants are encouraged to follow the advice of their health care professional before participating in these classes or any other physical activity program.
Great job to everyone that entered the competition. The best Trick Shot goes to Carmen! See her shot on Instagram.
Thank you and congratulations to everyone who was a part of our first ever virtual 5k! Visit the event page for results.
Apps & Websites
Down Dog Fitness Apps
- Apps include: Down Dog, Yoga for Beginners, HIIT Barre, and 7 Minute Workouts
Les Mills On Demand - Free trial
Peloton Digital Membership - Free trial
Nike Training Club - limited free classes, free premium trial
Yoga with Adrienne - free
YMCA 360 - free
Headspace (meditation app) - free trial, discounted student subscription
- ACE Fitness
- How to Run Safety Outside During Coronavirus (Runner's World)
- Staying Physically Active During the COVID-19 Pandemic (ACSM)
- How Mindfulness Can Help You Navigate the Coronavirus Panic (Mindful.org)
- Cabin Fever Symptoms and Coping Skills (Verywell Mind)
- Coping and Staying Emotionally Well During COVID-19-related School Closures (Active Minds)
- Managing the Stress of Living at Home for College (Active Minds)
- Learn About Endorphins and Running for Health (Harmony Place)