The University of Louisiana at Lafayette falls within Region IV of the National Intramural and Recreational Sports Association - NIRSA. Region IV consists of campus recreation departments from colleges and universities in Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas.
Our department is committed to providing the best programs and facilities for our students at UL Lafayette. As active NIRSA members we gain insight into best practices and national trends that allow us to innovate and develop new processes, policies, and programs throughout our department to continually improve UL Rec Sports. Our staff not only participates in regional and national conferences, we are also active members on committees that help shape conferences, workshops, and offerings provided to NIRSA members.
Our department believes strongly in NIRSA's mission and strives to uphold those values through our programs, offerings, and interactions:
NIRSA is a leader in higher education and the advocate for the advancement of recreation, sport, and wellness by providing educational and developmental opportunities,
generating and sharing knowledge, and promoting networking and growth for our members.
Our involvement in NIRSA is not limited to our Professional Staff and Graduate Assistants. We encourage our student employees to participate in regional and national events, as well as join and serve on regional and national committees in an effort to provide personal and professional development for the next generation of campus recreation professionals.
- 2019 Louisiana State Student Representative: Chris Spencer
- NIRSA 2019 Annual Conference: Boston, MA, February 16 - 19
- 2018 Louisiana State Student Representative: Kelly Claire
- 2018 NIRSA School of Collegiate Recreation: Erik Estrada
- NIRSA 2018 Annual Conference: Denver, CO, March 4 - 7
- NIRSA Region IV Student Lead-On and Conference: Lubbock, TX, October 22 - 25
- 2017 NIRSA Triventure - Aquatics Institute Committee Member: Matthew Cole
- NIRSA 2017 Annual Conference: Washington, D.C., February 21 - 24
NIRSA Region IV Student Lead-On and Conference: St. Louis, MO, November 6 - 9
- Student Lead-On and Conference Planning Committee: Erik Estrada & Alex Jimenez
- Rec Fest: Introducing Activities & Programs to Students by Erik Estrada - Graduate Assistant of Facilities and Emily Fitch - Student Program Assistant
- 2016 Louisiana State Student Representative: Erik Estrada
- NIRSA 2016 Annual Conference: Kissimmee, FL, April 3 - 6
- NIRSA Region IV Student Lead-On and Conference: Galveston, TX, October 25 - 28
- NIRSA 2015 Annual Conference: Grapevine, TX, March 30 - April 2
- NIRSA Region IV Student Lead-On and Conference: Shreveport, LA, October 12 - 15
- NIRSA 2014 Annual Conference: Nashville, TN, April 23 - 26