In order to provide patrons with the best, safest, and most enjoyable experience, the following polices have been put into place. Please note the individual areas have additional policies and these can be found on each area page and at the botton of this page. Patron not following these policies are at risk to be asked to leave and/or lose Rec Sports access. UL Rec Sports staff has final say on all policies.
- COVID-19 Policies
- Assumption of Risk
- Patron Conduct Policies
- General Policies
- Open Recreation Policies
- Dress Code
- Additional Policies for specific areas and programs
To see the current policies put into place due to COVID-19, please visit the COVID-19 Policies & Information page. Adjustments to programs and services can also be found on this page. These policies take presedent over any other policies that may be listed on this or other pages.
You are responsible for determining whether or not you have the appropriate fitness level to participate in activities at the Recreation Center. You are strongly encouraged to consult with your health care provider before starting any exercise program or new activity.
Your participation at the Recreation Center is voluntary. By voluntarily using the Recreation Center, you assume all risk for any harm or injury you sustain.
Consider the consequences of your actions and do not engage in behavior that may harm yourself, other patrons, or damage equipment or the facility.
Use of the Recreation Center is a privilege. Members and guests shall respect the rights of others and display acceptable and appropriate behavior while participating in the Recreation Center. UL Rec Sports reserves the right to refuse access or remove any individuals whose behavior is inappropriate or in violation of University rules and regulations or the Code of Student Conduct. Your cooperation is appreciated.
Inappropriate behavior includes, but is not limited to:
- Verbal abuse
- Physical abuse
- Obscene gestures or actions
- Abuse of staff in any form
- Profane or indecent language
- Failure to follow an established policy
If a participant, member, or guest in a UL Rec Sports program or facility is directed to leave a facility, program, contest or activity for misconduct:
- Thet must leave the facility immediately
- Rec Sports staff will inform the individual(s) of the necessity to see a Rec Sport's Supervisor Staff member for misconduct, inappropriate behavior or ejection
- He/she shall immediately be ineligible from further access or competition in any program or facility until they have met with the designated senior staff member
- A Rec Sports Professional Staff member will call or email the individual(s) and arrange a meeting; if a sanction is imposed, it will begin after the meeting
- If a sanction is necessary from the Recreation Center, he/she may not participate in any Recreational Sports programs within or outside of the Recreation Center
- If deemed appropriate, information regarding the incident may be shared by Rec Sports staff with the Dean of Students and/or the University Police Department
Participants are responsible for reading, understanding and abiding by all rules and regulations of the Recreation Center.
- Not all rules are posted in immediate areas. If a staff member requests your cooperation, please adjust your behavior
- If you have questions about a specific policy, please see Rec Sports staff
- Failure to comply with staff instructions and proper facility use may result in loss of facility and/or membership privileges
- Rec Sports reserves the right to render judgment and decisions on policies not specifically covered
- Rec Sports reserves the right to call the University Police Department as necessary
- Participants using the Recreation Center facility and equipment assume the liability of and agree to compensate Rec Sports for any damages other than normal wear and tear
- Contact Rec Sports staff should an accident, injury, or related incident occur. In addition, report any piece of equipment that is not functioning properly so it can be evaluated and serviced promptly
- Use of informal activity spaces when not scheduled/reserved, including priority scheduling, is first-come, first-served
Dance Studio (101A), Judo Room (Multipurpose Room A), and Training Studio (Multipurpose Room B) are not available for open recreation beyond approved reservations
- No organized activities except those sponsored or approved by UL Rec Sports are permitted
The Recreation Center may not be used for private or commercial purposes unless such activity has been approved by UL Rec Sports. Examples of prohibited activity include, but are not limited to:
- Organized athletic team/individual practices or workouts
- Personal training
- Private instruction
Usage of Rec Sports Open Recreation facilities are a privilege that can be revoked for not following policies. Please review the policies below carefully. They are in place for your safety and the comfort of all patrons.
Rec Sports Facilities may only be accessed with a valid Cajun Card ID.
- Profanity and yelling are not permitted in any Rec Sports facility or program
- Personal property such as books and back packs must be stored in lockers
- Neither Rec Sports nor its employees will be responsible for lost or stolen property.
- It is strongly recommended that participants not wear jewelry, including during free-play court games in the gymnasium and while using fitness and weight equipment
- Food is not permitted in any areas
- Only drinks with screw top bottles are permitted in any areas
- Equipment should be used properly and for its intended purpose and should remain in its established location
- Users who break equipment due to misuse or misconduct can be suspended from the facility
To maintain the health and safe of all patrons and to decrease the wear on equipment, the following Dress Code policies are in place. Rec Sports staff has the final say in determining if apparel is appropriate.
- Exercise attire and footwear are required at all times (exception: locker room areas and pool area)
Upper body clothing
- All must cover the torso all the way around
- Sleeveless shirts must not have an arm opening that is larger than one fist below the underarm
- Cutoff t-shirts, cropped tanks, and sports bras at tops are not permitted
Lower body clothing
- Must be long enough to cover the buttocks and groin when exercising or moving
- Jeans, khakis and pants, with or without buttons, metal zippers, metal rivets, belts and belt loops, are not permitted
- Shorts/pants must be properly worn on the hips
Must be non-marking, rubber-soled athletic-type/sport shoes are required
- Must completely cover the foot, including instep, toes, arch and heel. Footwear not permitted includes, but is not limited to, high-heeled shoes, spikes, open-toed shoes, turf shoes, cleats, boots, flip-flops, sandals and footwear that are muddy or dirty
- Bare feet or socks are acceptable for some Group Exercise and/or group reservations in the activity rooms when permitted
- Participants are strongly encouraged to bring a second pair of clean footwear that is free of pebbles, road salt, gum, sand, etc. to use during their workouts to help protect the equipment and flooring
- Must be non-marking, rubber-soled athletic-type/sport shoes are required
- Excessive clothing or clothing worn for the purpose of increased sweat production is not permitted
- Swimming apparel is not permitted in any activity area of the facility other than the pool
- Jewelry is strongly discouraged during activity
- Hats are not permitted to be worn during pick-up basketball games
- Clothing with visible blood must be removed and placed in a biohazard bag (the participant must have a replacement article of clothing to remain in the facility)
- Clothing with offensive or profane language, designs, or pictures is not acceptable
All above policies apply to all Rec Sports areas, programs, and services. The following policies are specific to certain areas, programs, and services and must also be followed. UL Rec Sports staff has final say on all policies.