I.D. Entry Policy
The Student Aquatic Center and Bourgeois Hall facilities are for the use of University of Louisiana at Lafayette students, faculty and staff only. To insure safety and security, every person who enters these areas must show valid identification, which consist of:
- Students, faculty, and staff, your Cajun Card with the designation student, faculty, or staff noted
- Faculty or staff spouses, your Rec Sports spouse card must be presented along with a valid, pictured driver’s license
- Visitors, a valid pictured driver’s license from persons 18 or older must be retained by the building supervisor and permission must be granted by the Director of Rec Sports. Visitors may request to view the facilities or programed events. Visitors may not use the facilities under any circumstances.
- Guests, a valid letter of authorization from the Director of Rec Sports must be presented along with a valid, driver’s license.
People who do not fall into one of the above categories cannot be admitted into the complex. The UL Student Aquatic Center is not open to the general public. The safe and efficient operation of Bourgeois Hall and the Student Aquatic Center is dependent on the strict enforcement of the I.D. policy.
For your safety, the first aid kit is located next to the pool office near the first aid sign. Please ask a lifeguard for assistance
In case of an emergency a red emergency phone is located at the entrance of the pool office. This phone provides a 24/7 direct line to ULPD.
- No swimming without lifeguard on duty
No extended underwater swimming
- One 25 yard length is permitted at a time
- No voluntary hyperventilation
- No diving
- No running, boisterous, or rough play
- No eating or drinking in or near the pools
- No person under the influence of a controlled substance will be allowed into the facility
- No tobacco, smoking, or vaping
- No spitting or blowing nose in the pool
- No animals or pets allowed in the pool
- No glass or ceramic allowed in the pool or on the pool deck
- No children should be left unattended by parent or guardian
No loud speakers are permitted at the SAC without prior approval by the Aquatics Coordinator
- SAC users may listen to their personal music through headphones
- Soap and water shower is recommended before and after swimming.
Proper swimming attire is required.
- No thong bathing suits, cut off shorts, or workout clothes
- Persons with communicable disease should not enter the pool
- Persons with skin, eye, ear or nasal infections should not enter the pool
- No more than 10 persons may use the spa at any given time
- Persons should spend no more than 15 minutes in the spa at any one (1) session. Long exposures may result in nausea, dizziness or fainting
- Elderly persons and those suffering from heart disease, diabetes, high or low blood pressure should consult their physician before using the spa
- The use of this spa while under the influence of alcohol, anticoagulants, antihistamines, vasoconstrictors, stimulants, hypnotics, narcotics or tranquilizers should be avoided
- Pregnant women should not use the spa without consulting a physician