COVID-19 Response & Resources
The health and safety of our students, employees, and visitors are of the utmost importance to the University. Rec Sports has developed protocols and procedures to help keep everyone safe once we reopen.
All guidelines for safely opening gyms and health clubs released by the state fire marshall and the governor’s office will be followed. These may be updated as we enter new phases.
Rec Sports has reopened the Student Fitness Center, Student Aquatics Center, track and tennis courts. Please refer to the Reopening Information for more on adjusted hours, services, and facilities.
Check out resources from Rec Sports and online that you can be a part of without leaving home!
Join out ESport leagues and tournaments! Check out our new platform Mission Control for gaming leagues. You can join on the Mission Control website or by downloading the app. Registration is free for all games!
Most of the current Group Exercise classes have the option to join virtually. For an on-demand option, visit our Virtual Group Exercise page to see workouts on Instagram and YouTube.
Apps & Websites
Down Dog Fitness Apps
- Apps include: Down Dog, Yoga for Beginners, HIIT Barre, and 7 Minute Workouts
Les Mills On Demand - Free trial
Peloton Digital Membership - Free trial
Nike Training Club - limited free classes, free premium trial
Yoga with Adrienne - free
YMCA 360 - free
Headspace (meditation app) - free trial, discounted student subscription
- ACE Fitness
- How to Run Safety Outside During Coronavirus (Runner's World)
- Staying Physically Active During the COVID-19 Pandemic (ACSM)
- How Mindfulness Can Help You Navigate the Coronavirus Panic (Mindful.org)
- Cabin Fever Symptoms and Coping Skills (Verywell Mind)
- Coping and Staying Emotionally Well During COVID-19-related School Closures (Active Minds)
- Managing the Stress of Living at Home for College (Active Minds)
- Learn About Endorphins and Running for Health (Harmony Place)