Have a question about Group Exercise? Checkout some frequently asked questions below.
Do the classes cost anything?
- Nope! All classes are free to UL Lafayette students, faculty/staff, and valid Spouse Pass members
Do I need to register for classes?
- Yes, all classes now require registration in advance (visit the Group Exercise Registration page for instructions)
When does registration open for classes?
- Registration for all classes will open 48 hours before the start of class time
- Registration closes 5 minutes before class start time for in-person and 15 minutes before class start for virtual
Do I have to register for every class I want to attend?
- Yes, you will need to register prior to each class you attend
What if the class is full?
- You are welcome to join virtually! Find the class you want with "(Virtual)" after it and the Zoom link will be on your email receipt
- You are also encourage to check for the next time the class is scheduled and register right when it opens (48 hours before start)
Where are the in-person classes located?
- All in-person classes are held in Bourgeios Hall (225 Cajundome Blvd) and you can take the bus from Main Campus (check out the Daily Transit Schedule for times and stops)
- In Bourgeois, classes are either in the Training Studio or the Dance Studio
- Not sure where these are? Just ask the Front Desk when you scan in and they will direct you!
What do I do when I get to Bourgeois? Do I need to check in somewhere?
Once you get to the studio your class is held in, have your Cajun Card ready and remember to stay 6 feet away from others, even if you are waiting with friends
- A Group Ex Assist will be there to start checking in classes 5 minutes before the class starts
- Check-in ends at the class start time
What if I signed up and no longer can attend?
- Please cancel your registration if it's an in-person class so someone else can join!
- Visit the Group Exercise "Registration/Cancellation" page for instructions
Where do I find the Zoom link for virtual classes?
- If you have registered for a class with "(Virtual)", you will get an email with a Zoom link
Didn't find the answer to your question? You can reach out to the Fitness Coordinator, Tess Swastek (email@example.com).