Have a question about Group Exercise? Checkout some frequently asked questions below.
Do the classes cost anything?
- Nope! All classes are free to UL Lafayette students, faculty/staff, and valid Spouse Pass members
Do I need to register for classes?
- Yes, all classes now require registration in advance (visit the Group Exercise "Registration/Cancellation" page for instructions)
When does registration open for classes?
- Registration for all classes will open 24 hours before the start of class time
- Registration closes 5 minutes before class start time for in-person and 10 minutes before class start for virtual
Do I have to register for every class I want to attend?
- Yes, you will need to register prior to each class you attend
What if the class is full?
- You are welcome to join virtually! Find the class you want with "(Virtual)" after it and the Zoom link will be on your email receipt
- You are also encourage to check for the next time the class is scheduled and register right when it opens (24 hours before start)
Where are the in-person classes located?
- All in-person classes are held in Bourgeios Hall (225 Cajundome Blvd) and you can take the bus from Main Campus (check out the Daily Transit Schedule for times and stops)
- In Bourgeois, classes are either in the Training Studio or the Dance Studio
- Not sure where these are? Just ask the Front Desk when you scan in and they will direct you!
What do I do when I get to Bourgeois? Do I need to check in somewhere?
Once you get to the studio your class is held in, have your Cajun Card ready and remember to stay 6 feet away from others, even if you are waiting with friends
- A Group Ex Assist will be there to start checking in classes 5 minutes before the class starts
- Check-in ends 3 minutes after the class start time
What if I signed up and no longer can attend?
- Please cancel your registration if it's an in-person class so someone else can join!
- Visit the Group Exercise "Registration/Cancellation" page for instructions
Where do I find the Zoom link for virtual classes?
- If you have registered for a class with "(Virtual)", your email Purchase Receipt will have a link at the bottom of the email (above the gray box at the bottom)
Didn't find the answer to your question? You can reach out to the Fitness Coordinator, Tess Swastek (email@example.com).