UL Rec Sports has a two-story Rock Wall located in the Student Fitness Center. All Fitness Center employees are highly trained to belay.
Rock Wall Hours of Operation
Fall and Spring
Rope climbing: Monday - Thursday, 4:00 - 9:00 p.m. Friday, 4:00 - 8:00 p.m.
Bouldering: available M-F during regular building hours.
The Rock Wall will be closed for the Fall semester after Friday, December 6 and will reopen for the Spring semester on Wednesday, January 15.
Monday - Friday, 4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Rules of the Wall
Failure to comply with Rec Sports policies may result in a loss of all Rec Sports privileges
Only rock climbing shoes or running/athletic shoes will be permitted in climbing area
- No bare feet, No Vibrams
- Loose chalk is not permitted, chalk use is limited to chalk balls
- All belayers must be approved by Fitness Center staff prior to rope climbing
- Roped climbing activities may only occur under the supervision of a climbing wall monitor during open Rock Wall hours
- Bouldering may occur anytime the Fitness Center is open with exceptions for scheduled classes, route setting, rentals, and roped climbing hours
- No part of the boulderer's body may exceed the red bouldering line